IIM NON - FERROUS BEST PERFORMANCE AWARD :
The Non-Ferrous Division of the Indian Institute of Metals has been organizing the National Quality Competition since 2002 to encourage and recognize Quality Control aspects in the Non – Ferrous sector. The Awards are in the categories of (a) Units / Plants of large integrated production organization, (b) Secondary processing / fabrication plants of Non-Ferrous product, (c) Units engaged in Casting and Forging of Non-Ferrous Metals & its Alloys.
Purpose of Award :
The Quality Awards of the Non - Ferrous Division of IIM are aimed at giving recognition to the Non - Ferrous Industries for best quality, registering highest product development, profit making in terms of Rs. / tonnage, H.R.D. and environmental performances during the year under review.
All Non - Ferrous Industries engaged in production / fabrication in the field of Aluminium, Copper, Zinc Lead, Magnesium, Tin Silver, Gold, etc. and their alloys are eligible to apply under this category. There will be three categories of awards: (1) One for Units / Plants of large integrated production Organisation. (2) One for Secondary processing / fabrication plants of Non-Ferrous product. (3) One for Units engaged in casting and Forging of Non-Ferrous Metals and its Alloys. At the end of every financial year (1st April to 31st March), eligible organisations in Non-Ferrous sector, are invited to submit the application.
Judging Committee :
- The Panel of Judges will be constituted by the President of the Indian Institute of Metals in consultation with the Chairman, Non - Ferrous Division of IIM.
- Non - Ferrous Division of IIM is the sole authority to decide the recipient from the nominations submitted.
- Chairman, IIM Non - Ferrous Division may postpone the award in a particular year for lack of suitable nominations.
- The Panel of judges may also recommend a second prize in any of the above categories.
- The results of the competition shall be announced by the President, IIM and communicated to the winner plant (s).
- The award will be given during National Metallurgists’ Day celebrations organised by the Indian Institute of Metals (usually on 14th November).
- The award shall consist of a Trophy based on the quality theme and devised to convey the strength of Non - Ferrous industries and its harmony with the environment.
- Winners of the award will be free to make use of the fact for advertising and other commercial purpose without any financial obligations to IIM. However, the names of members of the panel of Judges or officers of The Indian Institute of Metals may not be used for such purposes.